Thursday, July 30, 2009

First Photos I Received









When Dick and Cheryl sent me my first glimpes of Layla back on September 9, 2008, I was unimpressed. She looked awwight, but nothing screamed she's my daughter other than I had accepted her referral.

Now almost a year later I'm looking at these pictures and I'm in awe. These photos are so Layla. In the one where she's crying, I think obviously they didn't upset her enough because her lips aren't blue. Or maybe she just hadn't learned that particular trick yet. Cause to be honest, the first time Oma told me she could do that I was a little doubtful. My Koala Bear wouldn't hold her breath because she was upset. That's what I thought until she did it to me.

I can't even remember what set her off. But luckily years ago, my mom had told me the story of her co-worker who had made numerous trips to the ER because her daughter did the same thing. Finally on a visit, the ER doctor suggested the woman carry around a water bottle. Whenever her daughter held her breath, the doctor said to squirt her in the face and the little girl would catch her breath. So far blowing in Layla's face works fine, but I keep the water bottle idea in the back of my mind.

The power of a picture. A year ago, these pictures were pictures of a newbornish baby girl. Today, they are pictures of the most beautiful baby ever born on January 21, 2008. How I love that little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment