Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day Two

The flight from Taiwan to Saigon was uneventful. I saw the rest of the Star Wars cartoon, I’m intrigued and tried to watch Gavin’s favorite, “The Polar Express”, but the stewardesses felt like freezing us all to death while at the same type ignoring their bat signal so I could get another blanket so I fell asleep on it. Maybe next flight.

Stepping off the plane in Taiwan, the air smelt different it reminded me of stepping off the plane in Jacksonville on the way to visit my grandma. If they had had a Dairy Queen close by, it would have almost been the same. How I loved when my grandma treated us to a full meal deal. They didn’t have anything that cool in LA. But I digress. When we landed in Saigon, the oppressive heat and humidity once again reminded me of visits to the South once again.

I would like to say once I arrived at the hotel at 12:30, I explored, chatted with other hotel guests, but does that even sound like me? The other family here to adopt was at the spa, so I’ll have to meet them tomorrow. Instead I went to room and discovered a nice surprise that my bottle of mouthwash exploded, so I got to channel my “Little House on the Prairie” self and start washing clothes in the sink. After that excitement and a shower, I got to learn about Leonard the dinosaur on the Discovery channel.

Well, it’s 3AM here now and my Asian soap opera has gone off. We leave in 12 hours and 30 minutes for an hour flight to Danang (where China Beach took place, I loved Marg Helenberger and Dana Delany on that show). Immediately after we land, we’ll go to the orphanage and I will see Layla in person.

Thank you all for the prayers and warm wishes, earlier I had constant butterflies but now I feel at peace. I’ve been waiting to meet this little girl since April 9, 2007. But all things in God’s perfect timing. I’m sure she will be the most beautiful, sweetest baby girl ever born on January 21, 2008.

I’ll write more after I see her. Oh yeah, let’s pray that breakfast downstairs in the hotel isn’t a “Western” one.

No comments:

Post a Comment